Pages

Monday 18 April 2016

Top 10 faerie urban fantasy books!

Since the first book in my new urban fantasy series releases this week, I thought I'd recommend some other awesome urban fantasy series which feature faeries -- evil or otherwise!



This amazing series has recently been re-released, and it's a must-read! (Side note: I have a soft spot for modern fantasy set here in the UK.) This is a very British urban fantasy series with tons of colourful characters and inventive fantastical world.



Darkfever (Fever, #1)


I haven't reread this series for a while, but I vividly remember blitzing through it on my Kindle a few years ago. It's seriously dark, intense adult urban fantasy which lures you in slowly then grabs you by the throat.



Dog with a Bone (Black Dog, #1)


A fantastic new find in new adult urban fantasy. Thierry is half-mortal, half-fae, working as a marshal to keep humans safe from faeries -- at least until her estranged fae father goes missing, and she's dragged back into Faerie.

The Dark Realm (Feyland, #1)


A high-tech computer game turns out to be a portal into Faerie. I think that says it all! Fabulous read. Better yet, it's FREE to download!

The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1)


I reviewed the Iron Fey series here forever ago, and it remains one of my favourite YA urban fantasy series.

The Faerie Guardian (Creepy Hollow, #1)


I really, really liked this series, too! A faerie guardian-in-training, Violet gets into trouble when she accidentally lets herself be seen by the human she's meant to be guarding. Added bonus; the first book is FREE to download.

Banished (The Blackhart Legacy, #1)



I thoroughly enjoyed the first instalment of this series. Kit and the other characters are fantastic and I loved the action-packed storyline.


The Falconer (The Falconer, #1)


Okay, The Falconer is actually historical fantasy, but it's an awesome read set in the UK, so I had to include it. Aileana has the rare ability to sense and kill evil faeries, and she's out for revenge on the creatures that murdered her mother. The evil faerie creatures and steampunk-esque technology make this a winner!


Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception (Books of Faerie, #1)

Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception.

It's been a while since I reread Maggie Stiefvater's first book, but you can't go wrong with faerie assassins! 


Rosemary and Rue (October Daye, #1)


I've actually just started reading this one, but I've had Seanan McGuire's books on my list for ages!

Which is your favourite fantasy novel with faeries?

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, these all sound fantastic. I've only read Lament from this list, but I remember seeing some of the others praised highly before. Looks like I'll have to add some books to my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Karen Moning's Fever series. I have The Iron King but haven't read it yet--I'll have to bump it up my TBR list. Thanks for the recommendations. I love finding new UF. :D

    ReplyDelete