Pages

Friday 1 May 2015

April Reading Round-Up

Balanced on the Blade's Edge (Dragon Blood #1)

I loved Lindsay Buroker's Emperor's Edge series, so I couldn't resist picking up her Dragon's Blood collection when I found it for only 99p (for three full-length novels, that's a bargain!). These character-driven stories are the perfect mix of action and adventure in a steampunk fantasy setting.

Nice Dragons Finish Last (Heartstrikers, #1)

I picked up this book on the title alone - anything with dragons automatically grabs my attention! This is an urban fantasy set in an alternative modern-day world with magic and supernatural creatures, and follows a dragon banished to the human world by his ruthless clan. An engaging story with great characters!

The Martian

This came highly recommended, so I picked it up before a long train ride and ended up reading it in one sitting! SO good.
25068940

I also picked up the FIERCE bundle of indie fantasy titles, which kept me occupied for a while!

This month, I've mostly been rereading some of my favourites - The Raven Boys, The Dream Thieves, Sabriel... all the fantasy awesomeness. I'm starting a blog feature soon with my top reads from certain genres (like my post on multiple-universe fantasy books a few months ago), so look out for that coming up! :) 

2 comments:

  1. I don't read a lot of sci-fi but I really enjoyed THE MARTIAN. I believe they're making it into a movie....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard about that. It would look amazing on the big screen!

      Delete