Pages

Friday 30 May 2014

Interview with James Wymore, author of Salvation

It's time for my first featured author interview here on the Writer's Nest. Today I'm interviewing fellow CQ writer James Wymore, author of Salvation!
Tell me three interesting facts about yourself!
1- I dreamed my own death, but managed somehow to stay alive.
2- I’ve played with a rock band in front of thousands of screaming people.
3- I can’t do accents unless I’m very tired.
Summarize your book in one line.
 If the town can’t prepare well enough, the monsters will destroy them all.
Tell me something cool/crazy/quirky about the book – it can be anything!
The main character is named after one of the Blues Brothers. 
Why did you decide to write this particular book?
I had an epiphany while watching television one day and wanted to write something allegorical. 
Best part of the writing process?
When a reader tells me they really loved my book. 
Share one thing you learned writing this book.
 It’s easier to just concentrate on one thing and work to the end.  By focusing and writing through the whole manuscript, it really was a much smoother piece.
Tell me about one strange experience you’ve had. Again, it can be anything!
I dissected a human being.
Name one fictional place you’d love to visit.
The grid, from the Tron movies.  That would be a blast! 
Name one real place you’d love to visit.
Iceland.  Active volcanoes AND aurora borealis in one place! 
Share one sentence/mini-excerpt from the book!
Jewel said, “If these are our last days, they are precious.”

Thanks, James! (It may make you a little jealous to know that I'm going to Iceland later this year!) 

And here's some more information about James's latest book, Salvation,  which is published by Curiosity Quills!

Elwood has no memory of who he is or where he came from. All he knows is that he was a soldier wounded while fighting against the monstrous Hyzoi; a race of armored mermen with razor sharp teeth and claws. Nursed back to health and taken in by Macey and Bowen—the kindly older couple who find him nearly dead on the banks of a frozen river—Elwood quickly becomes part of their family. Macey even lines Elwood up with her younger sister, and the prospect of a peaceful agrarian life helps him to begin to move on.

But all that changes when Elwood spots a horde of Hyzoi advancing on his new home. Now he is forced to use his military training and intrinsic leadership skills to prepare the people of Winigh to desperately defend against an innumerable foe.

Now available at Amazon!

No comments:

Post a Comment