Pages

Wednesday 18 September 2013

What's Up Wednesday #7



What's Up Wednesday is a weekly meme run by Erin L Funk and Jaime Morrow and is a great way for readers and writers to catch up!

What I'm reading

I've been reading The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, which I enjoyed (and which creeped me out slightly!), and rereading the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout (as I just bought Origin, the latest book). Great distraction from the commute! :P 


What I'm writing

Darkworld Book 5 is on the way to the finish line! I'm just working through the kinks in the plot as I steer it towards the Epic Climax of Doom, which excites and terrifies me in equal measure!

Meanwhile, I've been making good progress on my YA fantasy, passing the halfway mark (yay!). I think I'll be glad to be working on only one project at a time for a bit, though! It's tiring jumping from one plot to another, especially when on involves alternating POV's! Although I got a Shiny New Idea that's now demanding to be written - which is giving me a dilemma about which project to work on next!


What else I've been up to

Well, last weekend was really fun! I went home for a couple of days and finally got to open my birthday presents - and my boyfriend drove halfway down the country to see me. :) For presents, I got the slipcase edition of Neil Gaiman's Sandman comic books, which I've wanted to read for AGES; some waterproof notebooks (for shower-writing :P); book vouchers (YAY!) and an Xbox controller to make playing online games easier! Definitely a great year for presents! Then I had to get the train back down to London on Sunday to be ready for work on Monday morning. I'm not quite as tired as I was last week, so I'm also thinking about my plans for after this placement, when I return to writing, freelancing and job-hunting! I'd love to find some more freelance clients, so I'm planning to work on that when I have time. I really enjoy helping other authors make sure their work is the best it can be!


What inspires me right now

Being so close to finishing the Darkworld series is a pretty awesome feeling! Also, the Xpresso Review Tour for Darkness Watching is now open for sign-ups, so if you've been waiting for the chance to read it, here it is! :)

12 comments:

  1. Writing in the shower sounds like something that needs loads of talent, but I'd love to see your soapy inspirations!
    Glad to hear you're writing is going so well - hopefully, you won't need the extra side jobs some day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I have a habit of getting ideas in the most inconvenient of places! :P And I hope so, too!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you got some great birthday presents! I'm glad you're not as tired as you were, it makes everything seems much harder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow-- great birthday! And so glad to hear you pumped about your writing. Cheering you on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sounds like one busy person! Enjoy all your writing and have a brilliant week!

    Happy Birthday :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the Lux series sitting on my e-reader right now, and I'm really eager to get to it sometime. Sounds like it must be good if you're reading it again! Congratulations on passing the halfway mark in your fantasy WIP! That's awesome! Hope the writing continues to go well and that you can spend some time on this shiny new idea you have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hurray for almost being done with Darkworld #5, and for reaching the halfway mark of your YA fantasy, too! Working on more than one project at once may be overwhelming, but you seem to pull it off well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, I must look into these waterproof notebooks! I need those! (not that I try to write in the shower or bath or anything...nope) And sounds like you had a great birthday! I just started spending my bday gift cards - I can't wait for my book haul to arrive!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read THE UNBECOMING OF MARA DYER awhile back and actually have the second book on my shelf waiting to be read. I really should do that sometime. Congrats on passing the halfway mark of your WIP! That's a big milestone. Have a great week, Emma! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! *fires confetti cannon*
    And congrats on all your great writing progress! And also water proof notebooks for shower-writing, sign me up. I need some of those. I do my best plotting underwater. ;)

    ReplyDelete